Your privacy is paramount to us. We lay down what you can expect of us here.
Who are we?
- We are a limited company registered in Singapore under company number 201504827E and have our registered office at 12 Stirling Road, #21-13, 148955.
What's the point of this policy?
- By visiting the site, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Might this policy change?
- The policy might change and any changes we make will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy as we will assume that you agree to them if you use the site after the date shown at the end of this policy.
What personal or other data do we collect?
- We collect and store the information which you give us via forms on the site (including when you register to use the site) - such as your name, address, email address, phone number, financial and credit card information and so on - or when communicating with us by email or in some other way.
- We may collect and store certain information automatically when you visit the site. Examples include the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the internet, connection information such as browser type and version, your operating system and platform, a unique reference number linked to the data you enter on our system, login details, the full URL clickstream to, through and from the site (including date and time), cookie number and your activity on our site, including the pages you visited, the searches you made and, if relevant, the services you purchased.
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide from time to time.
- We may also receive information about you from third parties if you use any websites or social media platforms operated by third parties (for example, Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn) and, if such functionality is available, you have chosen to link your profile on the site with your profile on those other websites or social media platforms.
- We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- If you are using the site as one of our registered service providers (a Service Provider), we will collect and store the information you supply to us during the application process and thereafter. We may also collect supplemental information about you from third parties. For example, we reserve the right to carry out a check with the Criminal Investigation Department and other checks into your background.
What about cookies?
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device (if you agree). You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, the site's functionality will be limited if you do not accept cookies.
- Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the site owner or others. 'Session cookies' are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser only until you leave the site. They allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. ‘Persistent cookies' stay in the cookie file of your browser for longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). For further information on cookies, including how to use your browser to block them, visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use the following cookies on the site for the following purposes:
- Session cookies: We use session cookies to enable the website to keep track of your movement from page to page and to store your selections so that you do not get asked repeatedly for the same information. These cookies allow you to proceed through many pages of the site quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit.
- Log-in cookies: We use persistent cookies (up to 14 days) to remember you so as to simplify the log-in process if you return to the site.
How do we use the information we hold about you?
We will use the information you give us:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and/or services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about us (including other products and services we offer) and to send you newsletters;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to help us communicate with you effectively should you try to contact us via the site, including verification of any claims you may make; and
- to ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device.
- We may use your personal data to send you emails (or other communications) with details of our or third party products or services which may be of interest to you, including information about special offers or promotions. If you would prefer not to receive any such emails or other communications, please tell us by emailing us at email@example.com.
We will use any information collected about you automatically when you visit the site:
- to administer the site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the site and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the site safe and secure; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the site about products or services that may interest you or them.
- We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- We retain personal data from closed accounts in order to comply with legal obligations, enforce our terms and conditions, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations and take other actions as permitted by law.
How do we protect personal data?
- Security is a high priority. We take appropriate precautions to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction using the same safeguards as we use for our own proprietary information. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers and any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Passwords are hashed which means that we do not know what they are but we can confirm that you have entered them correctly.
- Email and other electronic communications are not secure if they have not been encrypted and your communications may pass through servers in a number of different countries before they reach us. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data (and will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access once we have received it), we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the site and any transmission is at your own risk. We also cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access to, or loss of, personal data that results from a cause beyond our control, nor can we be held responsible for the actions or omissions of other users or third parties who may misuse your personal data which they collect from the site.
To whom do we disclose your information?
- We may share your information with any member of our group (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries).
- Payment details, including credit card numbers, are supplied direct to our banking partner mentioned on the site. They have rigorous financial data protection procedures in place to keep your payment and personal information safe and secure at all times. We do not retain any payment details you provide us with. However, to ensure your details are not being used without consent, your personal data may be supplied to relevant third parties, including credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, who may keep a record of that information.
We may share your information with selected third parties, including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the site; and
- e-commerce platform providers, website hosts and businesses which assist us in undertaking communications or monitoring the site.
- Very important: If, as a user of the site, you have booked a Service Provider to provide services to you, we will provide your contact details to the relevant Service Provider in order to enable them to attend at service visits and to contact you if necessary (for example, if the Service Provider is delayed).
- Very important: We will include the Service Provider's name and photograph in their profile on the site, which will be available to and searchable by all users of the site. We will also pass the Service Provider's full name and telephone number to any user of the site who has booked and paid a Service Provider to provide services to them.
- Very important: If you post a review/rating/comment on the site, your name will be shown
Very important: TidyPal will disclose your personal information without any notice only if:
- if we have reason to believe that you have breached our terms and conditions, that such steps are necessary to protect us or others or that a criminal act has been committed;
- if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority; or
- in the case of an actual or proposed (including negotiations for a) sale or merger or business combination involving all or the relevant part of our business
- Except as otherwise specifically included in this policy, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information that you give to us, that we collect from you or that we receive from third parties. If you disclose your information to third parties, whether they are other users of the site or other websites (including websites which link to or from the site), different rules and/or policies may apply to their use or disclosure of your information and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these rules and/or policies. Please therefore check them before submitting any personal data.
Where do we store your personal data
Can you ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes?
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you access your personal data?
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold or control about you after you supply us with appropriate evidence of your identity (a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank or a copy of a utility bill showing your current address); this will be subject to an administration fee of $20 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- You are responsible for submitting accurate and up-to-date and information to us. If any of your relevant circumstances change, inform us by calling our dedicated line or emailing us at email@example.com.
- For information about your rights under Singapore data protection laws, see the website of the Singapore Data Protection Act
Effective Date: 23rd May 2015