Terms and Conditions
Here are the terms and conditions you explicitly agree to by using TidyPal.
- This Website is owned and operated by TidyPal. We are registered in Singapore under company number 201504827E. Our registered office is at 12 Stirling Road, #21-13, 148955. Our other contact details are specified on our Website.
- Please read these terms and conditions carefully. They cancel and replace any previous versions. By registering on or using our Website (as defined below) you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and you confirm that you are at least 18 years of age. Please print or save these terms for future use as we will not keep a file copy specifically for the transaction with you and we cannot guarantee that they will remain accessible on our Website in future. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions without prior notice to you.
Capitalised terms have the following meanings in these terms and conditions:
- “Booking” means a booking which you make on our Website.
- “Consumer” means a natural person acting outside his or her trade, business or profession.
- “Content” means all information of whatever kind (including information, Service Provider listings, profiles, Reviews), published, stored or sent on or in connection with our Website.
- “Repeat Booking” means a Booking for recurring Services;
- “Review” means any review, comment or rating.
- “Service Provider” means an individual listed on our Website;
- “Services” means cleaning services supplied or to be supplied by Service Providers;
- “Website” means the services we offer by means of our website (including www.tidypal.com.sg , www.tidypal.sg, www.flatcleaner.com and www.tidypal.com) but excluding Services, as explained above.
- “User” means a person who uses our Website (whether or not registered with us).
- “Register” means that you made a Booking on our Website and clicked to accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Capitalised terms have the following meanings in these terms and conditions:
- We act as an introductions platform for enabling the connection between Users and Service Providers. We do not provide Services. The provision of all Services is up to the Service Providers, which may be scheduled through use of our Website. We offer information and a method to obtain such Services, but do not provide such Services or act in any way as a cleaning or other home-related provider.
- We do not accept legal responsibility for any acts or omissions of Service Providers in relation to the Services, including but not limited to, stalking, harassment, acts of physical violence, and loss or destruction of personal property.
- While we may attempt to assist with resolution of any complaint or dispute, you acknowledge that any legal recourse against the Service Provider arising from the Services whether for breach of contract or otherwise is against the Service Provider and not against us, notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this agreement or on our Website.
- We check the background of Service Providers via third party background check services. Where we describe Service Providers as “vetted” or similar, we are promising only that we have carried out certain checks as specified on our Website at the time you make a Booking and that those checks did not reveal any cause for concern. You acknowledge that in carrying out these checks we are reliant on information supplied by third parties. We cannot guarantee that that information is accurate. Nor can we guarantee that the Service Providers are otherwise suitable for your purposes. You use Service Providers at your own risk and should exercise caution and common sense to protect your personal safety and property.
Supply of Services
- Your order is an offer which is only accepted when we send you an email on behalf of one of your selected Service Providers confirming your order. Once we have sent a confirmation your order becomes a Booking.
- You agree to treat Service Providers courteously and lawfully. You agree to provide a safe and appropriate working environment for Service Providers in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and that you will provide reasonable co-operation to Service Providers to enable them to supply Services.
- You acknowledge that your nominated Service Provider may be unavailable from time to time e.g. through illness or vacation or leaving our service.
Payment for Services / Cancellation by You / Refunds
- You must maintain a valid debit / credit card registered on our Website. You must ensure that all contact and payment information (e.g. email address, physical addresses, credit / debit card numbers) which you provide is accurate and not misleading and that you will update it so that it remains so.
- For subsequent Repeat Booking visits, you authorise TidyPal to charge your credit / debit card after the scheduled end-time for the visit. We will charge your credit card according to the amount agreed upon between you and us through the Website with respect to all Services, and you hereby authorise us to charge the credit card on file in your Website account for such amounts.
- We will use third party services to process credit card information. We retain the right, in our sole discretion, to place a hold on your credit card for an ordered or completed Service transaction.
- We may at any time change the prices. We will give you notice by email at least two weeks before any price change takes effect. If you do not accept the new fee, you should cancel this agreement as explained below. Otherwise the Services supplied after the expiry of the two weeks’ notice will be at the new price.
- You can at any time cancel any individual visit, a Repeat Booking or this agreement as a whole by contacting us via the contact details shown on our Website or write to our address shown at the start of these terms and conditions. There is no charge if you cancel at least 24 hours before the scheduled start time for the Service Provider visit. If you cancel between 24 and 1 hours before the scheduled start time for the Service Provider visit, then we will charge an administrative fee equivalent to one hour‘s worth of Services (as specified on our Website) by either charging your credit / debit card and you authorise us to charge your card accordingly. No refund is provided if the cancellation is less than 1 hour before the scheduled start time for the Service Provider.
- If you are not satisfied with Services that you booked via the Website and that have already been performed you are eligible for a refund provided that you report the issue within 24 hours of the Services appointment. Reporting is to be done via the contact details shown on our Website or by writing to our address shown at the start of these terms and conditions. We will either refund your payment by crediting your account for such Services or we will have the applicable Services re-performed. If you are still not satisfied with the Services after they have been re-performed, we will refund your payment amount for such Services. This refund is limited to any payment you made for the Services and does not apply to any other cost (e.g. damage, injury). We reserve the right not to make a refund or re-arrange a visit if we are not notified within that 24 hour period.
- If there is a no-show and you notify us via our Website within 24 hours after the scheduled start time, then we will at your option provide either a full refund of any payment made for that visit or else use reasonable endeavours to re-arrange the visit. We reserve the right not to make a refund or re-arrange a visit if we are not notified within that 24 hour period.
- No refund will be provided when the Service was not booked via the Website even if the Service Provider was first introduced to Consumer via Website.
- No interest will be payable by TidyPal to you or the Service Provider on any refundable amounts.
- If you are a Consumer, you may cancel your order within 7 working days of placing your order by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Within 30 days of your notice we will refund any advance payment. However, this right of cancellation does not apply once arrangements to provide the service have started – this occurs 24 hours before the time of the first scheduled Service Provider visit - in which case you agree to performance of the contract starting before the usual cancellation period has expired.
If any amount due by you is unpaid, we may:
- charge reasonable additional administration costs;
- charge interest on the amount unpaid;
- arrange of the supply of Services to be suspended; and/or
- ancel this agreement on written notice (including email).
Cancellation by us
- We may at any time without cause cancel any particular Booking or this agreement as a whole including your right to use our Website, giving notice by email to the extent reasonably practicable.
- Following cancellation of this agreement: Accrued rights and liabilities are unaffected. All clauses in this agreement which are stated or intended to continue after cancellation will continue to apply. You must not attempt to re-register for or continue to use our Website if we have given you notice of cancellation.
Changes to the terms and conditions
- We may change these terms and conditions by posting the revised version on our Website at least 14 days before they become effective. Please check our Website from time to time. You will be bound by the revised agreement if you continue to use our Website or the Services following the effective date shown.
- You are responsible for your Content.
- You must not publish or send any Content (including links or references to other content) which is threatening, harassing, invasive of privacy, defamatory, offensive, racist, hateful, discriminatory or abusive or which we otherwise consider to be inappropriate;
- If you post a Review, you also promise that it is your independent, honest, genuine opinion.
- If you post a Review, you grant TidyPal the right to use, free of charge, the text of the Review and your name without any time or territorial restrictions.
- We reserve the right without notice or refund to suspend, alter, remove or delete Content or to disclose to the relevant authorities any Content or behaviour if it is the subject of complaint or where we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority. If so, you must not attempt to re-publish or re-send the relevant Content.
- We do not accept responsibility if your Content is misused by other Users as this is outside our reasonable control.
- We reserve the right to irretrievably delete your Content at any time without prior notice.
Promotions and Vouchers.
- TidyPal, at its sole discretion, may make promotional offers with different features and different rates to any of our customers. These promotional offers, unless made to you, shall have no bearing whatsoever on your offer or contract. All promotions will be run at our sole discretion, and can be activated, modified or removed at any time by us without advance notification.
- In the event that you are given a code through which you may refer a friend to the Website in exchange for a referral credit, you shall not use any online marketing or advertising to promote such code. You may only share such code with your personal friends and acquaintances for legitimate referral purposes, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Without limiting our other rights and remedies, we may terminate such code and/or your account for any breach of this Section.
Content of other Users
- We do not endorse or recommend any Reviews by other Users. You rely on such information at your own risk. We accept no legal responsibility for the accuracy of, or otherwise in relation to, any such Reviews.
- Your account on our Website is for your personal use only and is non-transferable. You must not authorise or permit any other person to use your account. You must take reasonable care to protect and keep confidential your password and other account or identity information. You must notify us immediately of any apparent breach of security such as loss, theft, misuse or unauthorised disclosure or use of a password. You are responsible for third parties who use your account or identity (unless and to the extent that we are at fault).
- You will provide us with such proof of identity as we may reasonably request from time to time.
Functioning of our Website
- We cannot guarantee that the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- We are entitled, without notice and without liability, to suspend the Website for repair, maintenance, improvement or other technical reason.
If you are a Consumer, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:
- there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by us or by any of our employees or agents;
- such loss or damage was not reasonably foreseeable by both parties;
- such loss or damage is caused by you, for example by not complying with this agreement; or
- Very important: If you are a Consumer, you will be liable for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage we suffer arising from your breach of this agreement or your misuse of our Website (subject of course to our obligation to mitigate any losses).
The following clauses apply only if you are not a Consumer:
- To the extent allowed by law, you and we exclude all terms, whether imposed by statute or by law or otherwise, that are not expressly stated in this agreement. In this clause, any reference to us includes our employees and agents.
- Our liability of any kind (including our own negligence) with respect to our Website for any one event or series of related events is limited to $100 or the total fees paid by you in the 2 weeks before the event(s) complained of, whichever is higher.
In no event (including our own negligence) will we be liable for any:
- economic losses (including, without limit, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings);
- loss of goodwill or reputation;
- special, indirect or consequential losses; or
- You will indemnify us against all claims and liabilities directly or indirectly related to your use of the Website and/or breach of this agreement.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between us with respect to its subject matter and super cedes any previous communications or agreements between us. We both acknowledge that there have been no misrepresentations and that neither of us has relied on any pre-contractual statements. Liability for misrepresentation (excluding fraudulent misrepresentation) relating to the terms of this agreement is excluded.
- If you are a Consumer, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:
Intellectual property rights
- All trademarks, logos, graphics, images, photographs, animation, videos, text and software used on the Website are our intellectual property or that of our partners. For the purposes of your personal use only, you may view such material on your screen and print a single copy. You may not otherwise use, sublicense, retrieve, display, modify, copy, print, sell, distribute, download, hire, reverse engineer (unless permitted by applicable law) or create extracts of, or derivative works from, such material without our specific prior written consent.
- For the avoidance of doubt you may not collect, scrape or harvest any Content on our Website or deep-link to or frame Content on our Website without our specific prior written consent.
- You must not circumvent or otherwise interfere with any security related features of the Website or features that limit or prevent copying of Content or which restrict use of Content.
- If you publish any Content on our Website, you grant us a worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to copy, alter, adapt or display such Content on our Website. You also grant each User a licence to use your Content to the extent permitted by the functionality of the Website and these terms and conditions.
- You agree and consent to TidyPal disclosing your name, address and telephone number to the Service Provider in order for the Service Provider to carry out the Services booked by you.
- You agree and consent to TidyPal disclosing any Reviews posted by you on the Website in order to display those on the Website or on other marketing material.
Third party websites
- We may link to third party websites which may be of interest to you. We do not recommend or endorse, nor are we legally responsible for, those sites or the goods or services which they offer. You use such third party sites at your own risk.
“Act of God”
- Neither you nor we are liable for failure to perform or delay in performing any obligation (excluding payment) under this agreement if the failure or delay is caused by any circumstances beyond your or our reasonable control including third party telecommunication failures.
- We may transfer all or part of our rights or duties under this agreement provided we take reasonable steps to ensure that your rights under this agreement are not prejudiced. As this agreement is personal to you, you may not transfer any of your rights or duties under it without our prior written consent.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore and the Users irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.
- If you have any complaints, please contact us via the contact details shown on our Website or write to our address shown at the start of these terms and conditions.
Effective Date: 23rd May 2016